A fish and chip shop in Wrexham has been linked to a suspected E.coli outbreak that has affected four people.
A mother and a three-year-old girl are being treated in hospital and two others have been taken ill.
Wrexham Council confirmed that the Llay Fish Bar in Llay, Wrexham, has been closed.
Officials obtained a closure order from the magistrates court at midday yesterday (Monday, 3 August) and the takeaway will remain closed while further investigations are carried out.
A council spokeswoman said: "It will remain closed until we're satisfied that health requirements and legislation have been met."
A spokeswoman for Wrexham Council's environmental health department said the cases of E. coli type O157 had affected three families from the Wrexham area.
She would not comment on the conditions of those in hospital.
Dr Judy Hart, consultant in communicable disease control at the National PublicHealth Service for Wales (NPHS), said: "The NPHS and Wrexham Council's environmental health officers are investigating four cases of E. coli O157 in three families from the Wrexham area. "Two people have been hospitalised."
"As a precautionary measure, a food premises in Llay was closed by the council on 30 July while investigations are carried out.
E. coli O157 is a serious bacterial infection that causes abdominalpain and diarrhoea.
Most people recover without complications, but the most severe cases can develop kidney failure.
By Helen Gilbert
E-mail your comments to Caterer News here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs