Springboard UK announced the winners of this year's Awards for Excellence in a virtual event last night celebrating achievements in hospitality.
The 17 categories showcased businesses and individuals who have gone above and beyond, demonstrating the ability to quickly adapt and implement new, successful initiatives to support their employees, communities, key workers and the NHS during the pandemic.
Hosted by British comedian and television presenter Paul Sinha, the event featured appearances from Paul Ainsworth, Andi Oliver, Michel Roux Jr and Clare Smyth and was watched by almost 450 industry professionals, media outlets and supporters of Springboard.
With hundreds of entries, more than 40 businesses and individuals made the shortlist, with the winners recognised for everything from employee health and wellbeing and staff communication, to the best dine-at-home experience and most innovative alcohol strategy.
Springboard chief executive Chris Gamm said: "Despite being faced with such adversary in 2020, the hospitality industry went above and beyond and deserves to be celebrated. All the winners have undertaken amazing work, achieving incredible results, despite the circumstances the sector has been faced with. Springboard are thrilled to be recognising them."
The event also saw the launch of Springboard's new fundraising initiative – ‘Virtual Race to Nicaragua'. A trek to Nicaragua was set to take place in Central America in March 2020 to raise vital funds for the charity but was postponed due to Covid-19.
Marketing and event partner Amy-Jane Cahalane said: "The Virtual Race to Nicaragua will take place wherever you are in the UK and your miles will be tracked online, contributing to your team's progress. We're giving everybody the opportunity to get involved, get fit, have fun and raise money for Springboard!"
Teams of 30 people will be encouraged to cover 5,300 miles throughout May 2021 by walking, running or cycling. Find out more here.
The winners of the Awards for Excellence included:
- Best Implementation of Virtual Training – Sponsored by HIT Training: Interstate Hotels and Resorts
- Best Internal Covid-19 Training Programme: D&D London
- Best Staff Communication – Sponsored by Caterer.com: The Dorchester Collection & 45 Park Lane
- Best Management Preparation – Sponsored by CPL Learning: PPHE Hotel Group
- Employee Health & Wellbeing – Sponsored by Pladis: Dishoom
- Best Employer – Sponsored by American Express: Royal Lancaster London
- Best Use of Digital Marketing to Promote Sales or Service: Holiday Inn Barrow in Furness
- Best Use of Technology to Improve Customer Experience: Delaware North
- Best Delivered ‘Dine at Home' Experience: Made in Oldstead
- Most Innovative Alcohol Strategy: Essex Spirits Company
- Business Innovation – Sponsored by Compass Group UK & Ireland: Harri
- Best National Support for Key Workers – Sponsored by CH&Co: Medirest
- Best National Support for Vulnerable People: Now Pause
- Best Individual Community Engagement – Sponsored by BaxterStorey: Jeni Edwards (IJess Consulting)
- Best Group Community Engagement – Sponsored by Hand Picked Hotels: The Dorchester
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility – Sponsored by Diageo Learning for Life: Brakes
- Chris Beaumont Award – Sponsored by Bidfood: Diego Masciaga