The Caterer has launched a new event to equip hospitality professionals with the knowledge and best practice advice to keep both customers and staff safe around allergens.
The Caterer’s Allergens Summit is a half-day event, taking place on the afternoon of Wednesday 26 February at the Soho Hotel in London, and is aimed at F&B operations and marketing professionals working within hotels, restaurants and foodservice businesses.
Confirmed speakers include leading allergen expert Dr Robert Boyle and the Food Standards Agency, who will give an insight into what operators should be prepared for in 2020 and beyond including key risks and responsibilities.
Meanwhile, food safety experts and forward thinkers from some of the UK’s most prominent operators, including Sodexo, will discuss their strategies, the steps they’ve taken and how they communicate to customers effectively.
Delivered in partnership with Bidfood, tickets for operators are £175 +VAT, while tickets for suppliers are £295 + VAT and can be booked here.
Topics covered at the Allergens Summit include:
- Why are food allergies increasing globally, what to expect in the years ahead and how to plan a strategy that keeps your customers and staff safe?
- The Food Standards Agency outlines your responsibilities, what are you required to provide by law and how might this change?
- How Pret responded to the tragic death of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse and became an industry leader
- Signposting, discussion or full labelling: What are the best ways to communicate with your customers?
- How can you effectively train your staff to be allergen aware and protect your customers and reputation?
- Allergen experts from the UKs leading operators share their best practise, top tips and lessons learned
The Allergens Summit is the first in a series of 2020 summit events from The Caterer that bring together hospitality professionals to discuss game-changing ideas, industry best practice and new ways of working. They include: