The UK's top 10 fish and chip restaurants have been named in the 2020 National Fish & Chip Awards organised by Seafish.
The 10 finalists will now compete for the chance to take home the title of the UK's best fish and chip restaurant, in a category open to all UK fish and chip businesses with a sit-in restaurant at the main business location.
The UK's top 10 fish and chip restaurants are, in alphabetical order:
- Fish! Borough Market, Borough Market, London
- Fish City Belfast, Belfast
- Knight's, Glastonbury, Somerset
- Malt & Anchor, Cirencester, Gloucestershire
- Quayside Restaurant & Fish Bar, Gourdon, Aberdeenshire
- Saltwater, Torquay, Devon
- Something Else Fishy, Milborne Port, Sherborne, Dorset
- The Cod's Scallops, Nottingham
- The Fisherman's Wife, Whitby, North Yorkshire
- Trenchers, Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear
The National Fish & Chip Awards recognise outstanding restaurants across the country that are serving incredible fish and chips and providing excellent customer service.
Marcus Coleman, chief executive at Seafish, said: "The UK is world-renowned for fish and chip takeaways, but there are plenty of incredible restaurants serving tasty, healthy fish and chips to sit-in customers day in day out."
The winner of the Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year Award will be announced at The National Fish & Chip Awards' 32nd anniversary ceremony in London on 23 January 2020.
For further information, click here