The Professional Clothing Awards ](http://www.professionalclothingawards.com)is a new event designed to celebrate the best in workwear, corporate clothing and PPE (personal protective equipment) from around the world.
It has been launched by the [Workwear & Corporate Clothing Show](http://www.workwearshow.com), which runs from 17-18 April 2012 at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry
The new awards represent an expansion of the show's two-year-old business manager awards (which focus on buyer-supplier partnerships) to embrace the whole working garment industry, from products and components to full uniforms and processes.
Newly added are the supplier awards (which include recognition for ‘best fabric and fibre innovation' and ‘best contribution to environmental sustainability') and the Satra PPE Innovation awards.
All categories (which are listed below) will be judged on their practical benefits to user, supply chain and the environment.
"As well as rewarding the buyers and suppliers that produce bespoke uniforms within predominantly managed contracts, we wanted to include the many other businesses that make up the supply chain for these uniforms, and whose products make a different to the daily lives of workers," said Yvette Ashby, managing director of the show.
"Whether they manufacture fibres and fabrics, supply stock garments or distribute footwear, all businesses in the workwear, corporate clothing and PPE industry will now have the chance to be recognised for their important work."
Free nominations should be made online at [http://www.professionalclothingawards.com/howtoenter/index.asp by 28 November. The winners will be announced on 17 April on the first day of the show.
BUSINESS MANAGER AWARDS
1. Best bespoke uniform for::
b) Corporate Clothing
2. Business Manager of the Year
1.** Best managed contract for:
2. Best stock design for:
a) Corporate Clothing
3. Fabric and fibre innovation
4. Best Website
5. Best Catalogue
6. Best Contribution to Environmental Sustainability
SATRA PPE INNOVATION AWARDS
1. Best innovation in Sports and Leisure PPE
2. Best Innovation in Security and Emergency Response PPE
3. Best Innovation in Occupational PPE
4. Best Innovation in PPE Components and Accessories
5. Best Innovation in Safety Footwear
6. Best Contribution to PPE Production Efficiency
7. PPE Innovation of the Year (overall winner from all above categories)