Pastry producer Pidy has revealed the eight finalists for the upcoming Pidy Student Catering Challenge, where for 2020 students were invited to reinvent the classic tradition of afternoon tea, using a selection of tartlets from the Pidy range.
The list of finalists includes:
- Lucy Harris, West Hertfordshire College
- Ophelia Love, West Hertfordshire College
- Alex Buckly, Dudley College
- Jadzia Bell, Loughborough College
- Clare Turner, London Geller College of Hospitality & Tourism, University of West London
- Warittorn Sa-Ardson, London Geller College of Hospitality & Tourism, University of West London
- Megan Bell, Walsall College
- Mun Ni Yew, Walsall College
The final live cook-off final will take place on Friday 24 January at the Claire Clark Academy at Milton Keynes College.
The eight finalists will compete against one another for the winning title and have their dishes judged by an expert panel, including Clark and last year’s winner, Chloe Hammond from Milton Keynes College.
Robert Whittle, managing director at Pidy UK, commented: “It’s been really impressive to see how the students have interpreted this new challenge using tartlets from the Pidy range. Each entry has been carefully thought out and is unique, which made narrowing down eight finalists incredibly tough as always. The creative boundaries have been pushed even further and each entry has a story to tell. I’m looking forward to kicking off the new year with the final and seeing these entries come to life!"