- 300g celeriac, peeled and chopped into 3cm pieces
- 600ml whole milk
- 60g butter
- 2 heads of chicory, halved lengthways
- 4tsp caster sugar
- 100ml verjuice (or pomegranate juice)
- 4 duck breasts
- 3tsp sumac
- Pomegranate molasses (optional)
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Simmer the celeriac in the milk with half a teaspoon of salt for 15 to 20 minutes until the celeriac is tender. Drain the celeriac, reserving the milk. Blend the celeriac until smooth, using a little of the milk to help achieve a spoonable consistency.
You need to create an account to read this article. It's free and only requires a few basic details.
Already subscribed? Log In