Prep time 15 mins, plus 15 mins soaking time
Cooking time 1 hour 30 mins
Pre heat oven to 180°c
- Blitz the bread to a rough crumb, add the dried fruit and spices.
- Mash the bananas, add to bread mix, stir in milk and Kerrymaid Single.
- Mix in eggs and sugar. Leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Grease a 20cm non stick baking tray or square cake tin with Kerrymaid Original.
- Once bread mix has started to swell, add remaining melted Kerrymaid Original, mix thoroughly and transfer into greased tin.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for an hour. Sprinkle over 2-3 tbsp of brown sugar for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly while making your caramelised bananas.
- Heat the sugar and water together to form a caramel. Once the caramel starts to bubble and turn golden, add the sliced bananas and shake the pan to coat well.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and serve with a slice of your banana bread pudding and lashings of hot Kerrymaid Custard.
500g white bread
350g dried fruits
6 very ripe bananas
3 tsp mixed spice
300ml Kerrymaid Single
2 large eggs, beaten
140g brown sugar, plus extra for topping later
120g Kerrymaid Original
75g of caster sugar
2-3 tbsp water
3 bananas peeled and sliced
35g Kerrymaid Original