Serves 4-6 as a starter
Prep time 30 mins Cooking time 20 mins
- Prep cauliflower and cut into 2cm chunks.
- Add Kerrymaid Original into a pan, cook peeled garlic cloves and all of the cauliflower.
- Add thyme, let it soften for 5 minutes with the lid on. Add a big pinch of salt.
- Add the stock and Kerrymaid Single, place the lid back on and cook for around 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Make the batter for the florets in the usual way. Leave the batter to rest while your soup cooks.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, place everything into a blender and blitz until silky smooth.
- Season to taste. Pour the soup back into a pan and reheat while you cook the florets.
- Heat the oil to 180°c. Coat the little florets in the batter. Gently drop into the hot oil. Leave to cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain, season with a little salt.
- Place 3-5 florets on the top of each portion, sprinkle with toasted almonds and garnish with chervil.
1 head of cauliflower, reserve 18-20 little florets for the fritters
50g Kerrymaid Original
2 cloves garlic
2 springs thyme, leaves only
1 litre vegetable or chicken stock
50g toasted almonds
For the fritters:
18-20 cauliflower florets
5g corn flower
75g plain flour
1 egg yolk
180ml cold fizzy water
200ml vegetable oil for deep frying