Prep time 15 mins
- Slice the brioche or Madeira cake about 1cm thick and lay in the bottom of your serving dish filling all the gaps. Drizzle with the Limoncello.
- Whip the Kerrymaid Whipping to soft peaks. Gently fold in the custard and add in the lemon zest, vanilla extract or paste and sift in the icing sugar.
- Spoon over the lemon curd to coat the cake or brioche and generously spoon on the sweetened cream to the rim of the dish.
- Sprinkle on the toasted flaked almonds, tear over the mint leaves and drizzle with the runny honey just before serving.
Makes 36 shortbreads biscuits Pre heat oven to 170°c
- Beat the Kerrymaid Original and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest and vanilla bean paste.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients and mix together to form a dough that comes away from the sides of the bowl.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Flour your surface and roll out dough to 2mm thick. Cut into fingers 4cm x 6cm and place onto a greased baking tray or one which is lined with parchment.
- Dot each biscuit 3-4 times to create the classic short bread finish. Place into your preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool before dusting with a little caster sugar and serving with the trifle.
1⁄2 brioche loaf or 1 loaf of Madeira cake
250g good quality lemon curd
200mls Kerrymaid Custard
200mls Kerrymaid Whipping
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
125g icing sugar
Zest of 3 lemons
4 tbsp Limoncello
100g toasted flaked almonds
1⁄2 bunch picked mint leaves plus lemon zest
2 tbsp runny honey
Lemon Short Bread
250g Plain flour
Pinch of salt
1⁄4 tsp baking power
175g Kerrymaid Original
100g caster sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
1⁄2 tsp vanilla paste