Serves 4 as a starter
Prep time 30 mins , plus resting and cooling
Cooking time 45 mins
Preheat oven to 180°c
18cm tart case with removable base
- Make up shortcrust pastry. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge. Once rested, grease tart case with a little oil or extra Kerrymaid Original.
- Roll out rested pastry on a floured surface and line the tart case. Trim the excess pastry.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for a further 10 minutes before lining with grease proof paper and baking beans. Blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes to cook the base of the pastry. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
To make the filling
- Wilt the spinach for 2-3 minutes. Leave to cool and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Make the custard by combining the egg with the Kerrymaid Single and the Kerrymaid Grated. Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon zest.
- Cut the smoked haddock into 2cm pieces and place with the wilted spinach into the base of your blind baked pastry case.
- Place the pastry case onto a baking tray and, once at the oven, pour over all the mix until it reaches the top of the pastry case.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
Ingredients for pastry:
110g plain flour
50g Kerrymaid Original
1 tbsp cold water (if needed)
Ingredients for tart filling:
225g baby leaf spinach
200ml Kerrymaid Single
1 large egg
75g Kerrymaid Grated
350g skinless, undyed smoked haddock fillets
Zest 2 lemons
2 tbsp chopped flat leave parsley
Salt and pepper