One way for small- to medium-sized caterers to beef up their profits in these lean times is to increase footfall, table turns and average spend with an extended offer of fast yet healthy hot snacks and meals. But limited space, high staff turnover and workers with different skill levels can be a barrier for many fast-food outlets, cafés, pubs and bars.
Black Rock Grill has devised an ingenious system that allows customers to cook food at their table to their own tastes using heated volcanic rocks - a healthy fat-free and oil-free concept that allows food to be served within minutes of ordering.
The system (suitable for a wide range of meals such as steaks, burgers, seafood, fajitas, ribs, and vegetarian dishes) has now been extended to add another perennial consumer favourite - the pizza - to the menu with the launch of the Roxy Combi.
Product Zone has teamed up with Black Rock Grill to offer readers the chance to win this compact team-up of rock-heating and stone-baked pizza decks worth £3,400. The winner will be aged over 18 and will be willing to be photographed receiving the prize and to supply quotes for a case study.
The Roxy Combi marries two independently-controlled decks - a 27-rock Black Grill Dining system and a stone-baked pizza deck that can accommodate four 9in pizzas or two 12in pizzas - in a footprint of just 745mm x 685mm. The choice of one-phase or three-phase power makes the unit easy to site. The package includes 27 porcelain platters and 27 stainless under-plates, along with rock shovel, pizza peel, table talkers, meal flags, disposable bibs, and a staff training DVD.
For more information about Black Rock Grill call 01256 359858 or visit www.blackrockgrill.com
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the question above correctly will win this prize. All entries must be submitted by midnight on 25 November 2011. Entrants can send a postcard stating their name, job title, company name and address, contact telephone number and e-mail address to Product Zone/Black Rock Grill Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS or enter using the electronic form below.
What is Black Rock Grill's new two-deck oven called?
B. Rox ‘n' Roll
C. Roxy Combi
And the winner is…
The winner of August's competition to win http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2011/08/26/339950/win-stylish-tableware-items-from-wmf.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">£1,000 of Coffee Culture and Pure Exclusiv tableware from WMF is Mark McGrath, general manager, Best Western North Shore Hotel & Golf Club, North Shore Road, Skegness, Lincolnshire
Terms and conditions
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Black Rock Grill .
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Black Rock Grill . This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on www.catererandhotelkeeper.com.