For generations, fried potato has been at the heart of British food culture and the humble chip continues to lead the way.
Fresh-cooked produce requires bulky equipment such as rumblers and chippers to be housed in the preparation area, resulting in high demands for both space and maintenance costs. The alternative is to buy from frozen, but this comes with its own issues - namely the loss of taste versus the freshly-cooked product.
Chipstix provides the market with a new and exciting "twist" that provides the "wow" factor in appearance and taste and will help generate extra profit.
Small enough to fit into the smallest of kitchens and requiring only minimal operating power, the Chipstix machine is sleek and robust and will turn a medium-sized fresh potato into a completely new snack - a spiral chip made from the whole potato that is stretched along a bamboo skewer and fries in just 90 seconds.
Product Zone has teamed up with www.lovechipstix.com (owned and managed by Chipstix Wales) to offer readers the chance to win a complete Chipstix Package Deal with an RRP of £1,295.
The winner will receive a Chipstix Package deal that comes with enough consumable stock to prepare and sell 1,000 Chipstix. As the RRP for a spiral fry is between £1.50 and £2 per Chipstix, the consumable stock provided with this package alone could potentially create up to £2,000 in revenue. The Chipstix Package Deal consists of a one-time business trading license that entitles the owner to sell Chipstix for life free from royalties. The equipment includes one Chipstix machine (backed up by a one-year or 30,000-cut warranty); stainless-steel shaker dredges; 1,000 high-quality aged 35cm blunt-ended bamboo skewers; a range of 10 seasonings (including popular flavours such as Cheese & Onion and Salt & Vinegar, through to Mexican chilli and Portugese peri peri); plus advertising. www.lovechipstix.com will supply all subsequent consumables as required.
For further information, call 07988 or visit www.lovechipstix.com to see a short video demonstration.
HOW TO ENTER
Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS or use the electronic entry form below.
THE QUESTIONWhat potato shares its name with one of England's most famous kings?
A. King Wencelas
B. King Edward
C. King Kong
AND THE WINNER IS… The winner of September's competition to win a http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Unifrost upright fridge from Garrlins ](http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/29/09/2011/340509/Win-a-Unifrost-upright-fridge-from-Garrlins-worth-163750.htm)is Dianne Harding, proprietor, County hotel, Hexham, Northumberland
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Chipstix .
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Chipstix. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at [www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection](http://www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection) or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 3BR, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on [www.catererandhotelkeeper.com.