Blast chillers and freezers are indispensable for maintaining food hygiene standards in commercial kitchens. Department of Health guidelines state that to blast-chill food safely its temperature must be reduced from 70°C to 3°C or below within 90 minutes.
Blast chillers offer a scientific approach to compliance with HACCP legislation: users can preset the device to bring food down to a safe temperature within a set time.
While blast chillers have traditionally been aimed at larger operators, manufacturers are now producing smaller cabinets for operations such as cafés, smaller restaurants or fast-food outlets that have limited space in their kitchens, yet still have the need for blast chilling/freezing units.
Buy It! has teamed up with Italian commercial refrigeration brand Friulinox to offer one of our readers a CEB 30 C/F Blast Chiller/Freezer worth £2,125.
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the question below correctly will win this amazing prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by 15 February 2009. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address and contact telephone number. Send entries to Buy It!/Friulinox Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
To safely blast-chill food its temperature must be reduced from 70°C to 3°C or below within how many minutes?
The winner will receive a Friulinox CEB 30 C/F Blast Chiller/Freezer worth £2,125. This stainless steel blast chiller/freezer is ideal for smaller kitchens. It is small enough to be placed on the counter top yet still has all of the features of the full-sized unit. It measures 560mm (w) x 560mm (d) x 520mm (h), with a chilling capacity of 8kg and a freezing capacity of 5kg.
Distributed in the UK by Frost Tech, the Italian Friulinox range has a 35-year heritage and includes blast chillers and freezers, stainless steel refrigeration and freezer cabinets, stainless steel counters and food display units.
For more information on Friulinox, contact Frost Tech on 0845 290 3273 or visitwww.friulinox-refrigeration.co.uk
|And the winner is … The winner of the competition to win a Lincat boiler with filter in the 27 November 2008 issue of *Buy It!* is Mr R Whitaker, conference and banqueting manager, the Clarendon Suites, Edgbaston.
Terms and conditions
- This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Friulinox.
- We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
- Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Friulinox. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at http://http://www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotectionor write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
- The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.