As an indispensable part of food preparation in the kitchen, caterers are now more than ever becoming increasingly reliant on vacuum packing as an everyday work tool.
Vacuum packing enables the caterer to enhance the storage time of their food products. The process makes it possible for caterers to cook large amounts of foods which can then be separated into portions to be kept in a fridge or freezer, resulting in less food wastage and ultimately saving valuable time and money.
Using such a system in the kitchen enables the cost-conscious operator to purchase produce less frequently and in larger quantities, which can be particularly beneficial during short seasonal periods where there is often a rapid deterioration of certain foods.
Product Zone has teamed up with MCS Technical Products to offer readers the chance to win a Jumbo Magic Vac vacuum packing machine worth more than £1,600.
The winner will receive a Jumbo Magic Vac which comes with a two-year parts and labour warranty. Constructed in top quality stainless steel, this high performance heavy duty machine has been specifically designed for today's fast moving catering industry.
Besides its very quick vacuum packing capability, the Magic Vac also has a unique marinating function which can reduce marinating time to as little as 12 minutes, enabling chefs who are under extreme time pressures to quickly develop their own varied and creative menu ideas.
Its features include a self-lubricating double pump for faster vacuum, a 435mm sealing bar with forced air cooling for continuous operation, a unique rapid Auto-Marinating functionality and an adjustable sealing time with three settings.
For further information visit www.mcstechproducts.co.uk.
HOW TO ENTER
Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS or enter online below
What is one of the advantages of vacuum packing food? A. Rapid heat up time
B. Enhanced storage time
C. Rapid chilling time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, or MCS Technical Products.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. By entering the competition you are agreeing for your contact details (including e-mail) to be passed on to the sponsor MCS Technical Products.
5. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at http://www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath,West Sussex RH16 3BR, UK.
6.* The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper* and on Caterersearch.com.