We've teamed up with Maidaid to offer one lucky Buy It! reader the chance to win an Evolution 1010 pass-through dishwasher worth more than £5,000.
Pass-through dishwashers are the workhorses of many professional kitchens.
Typically set in a corner configuration or straight along the back wall, pass-through machines wash crockery, cutlery, pots, pans and utensils. Using a fresh batch of wash water, glassware can also come out sparkling.
Because hard water exists in almost all areas of the country, dishwashers need to be fitted with a water softener to prevent limescale building up on the machine and to help stop water-marking, or ‘spotting', especially on cutlery and glassware.
The basic shape of the pass-through machine hasn't changed much in recent years but behind the scenes some manufacturers have worked hard to improve washing results while using less energy, chemicals and water.
Reduced size wash tanks are now available, which require less energy to heat the water and a reduced initial detergent dosing. More efficient wash and rinse pumps and better water filtration technology consume less energy while improving the wash. Also thanks to the improved pump technology and better designs of rinse arms, a reduction in the volume of rinse water required cuts water and energy consumption while improved insulation not only makes dishwashers quieter, it also helps conserve energy.
*Buy It*! has teamed up with Maidaid to offer readers the chance to win a Maidaid Evolution 1010 pass-through dishwasher worth over £5,000.
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the question below correctly will win this prize. All entries must be submitted by 28 May 2010. Entrants can send a postcard including their name, job title, company name and address and contact telephone number to Buy It!/Maidaid Evolution 1010 Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS, or enter online below.
What type of wash tank results in less energy being required to heat the water?
a) Double-size wash tank
b) Triple-size wash tank
c) Reduced-size wash tank
The winner will receive a Maidaid Evolution 1010 pass-through dishwasher, fitted to within one metre of existing services (excludes tabling), with a list price of £5590.
Features include a built in break tank, soft touch controls and digital temperature display, quick start option, peristaltic dosing units for rinse aid and detergent dosing as standard, three cycle times 60, 120 and 180 seconds (adjustable), a fully moulded wash tank for ease of cleaning and a two year warranty.
The Evolution 1010 incorporates the latest technological advances such as a 20-litre wash tank, instead of the industry standard 39 litres, which will save 19 litres per fill.
The rinse is 2.5 litres instead of the standard 3 litres, giving a 0.5 litre saving per cycle. The amount of detergent/rinse aid consumed and the energy needed to heat the wash and rinse water are also reduced dramatically.
Double skin construction, full electronic controls and the efficient wash pump produce only 59 decibels, making it one of the quietest machines on the market.
A more energy efficient wash pump saves energy via a direct feed to upper and lower wash arms rather than a T joint to split the flow.
The machine also features a selectable energy saving option and guaranteed rinse temperatures.
For further information, visit www.caterersearch.com/buyitcompetition or call 0845 130-8070
|And the winner is … The winner of the Adande single drawer chef base competition in the 29 January issue of *Buy It*! is Matthew Tomkinson, head chef, the Montagu Arms Hotel, Beaulieu, Hampshire.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, or Maidaid.
- We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
- Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Maidaid. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
- The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.