Having a reliable, efficient single unit that cooks and holds food at the optimum temperatures for serving can make a real difference in busy catering situations. Foodservice Equipment Marketing (FEM) supplies Alto-Shaam cook and hold ovens that do all this and more, while saving time, energy and money.
Now FEM is giving Caterer and Hotelkeeper readers the chance to win the counter-top Alto-Shaam AS-250 cook and hold oven, which has a list price of £3,500 plus VAT.
Alto-Shaam cook and hold ovens can be used for cooking and holding a wide variety of meat, poultry and vegetables, as well as for braising, baking, proofing bread dough or reheating convenience food. The ovens are easy to operate and little to no training is required.
The ovens have low energy consumption, low emissions and, in most settings, do not require oven hoods or outside venting. This alone can save up to £30 per 16-hour day of operation, as most traditional hoods cost up to £2 an hour to operate.
The special heating system, called Halo-Heat, surrounds the food with controlled, uniform heat. This gently and evenly cooks and holds the food, without the risk of drying out or burning. It also retains the food's moisture and nutrients, increases product holding life and reduces shrinkage by up to 18%.
The Alto-Shaam AS-250 can accommodate up to three 1/1 GN 65mm pans and cooks by time or by probe and has eight programmable menu buttons to store favourite recipes.
HOW TO ENTER
For a chance to the win the counter-top Alto-Shaam AS-250 cook and hold oven, simply answer the question above to be entered into the draw. All entries must be received by 26 April 2013. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name, address and telephone number. Enter online today or send entries on a postcard to: FEM Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W OAU. You may also enter online using the form below.
For more information on the Alto-Shaam range, visit FEM's new website at www.fem.co.uk.
How much shrinkage can be saved by using the Alto-Shaam cook and hold ovens?
AND THE WINNER IS The winner of the December 2012 competition to win the Artis Duralex tempered glassware worth £1,500 is Barbara Price, proprietor, the Craven Arms Inn, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of TWGCA LLP or Foodservice Equipment Marketing (FEM).
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. TWGCA LLP will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, FEM. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please write to us at Caterer and Hotelkeeper, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0AU, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on www.catererandhotelkeeper.co.uk.