The stills area of an operation is often a busy and crowded place with both front and back of house trying to get access to the range of equipment situated there, including everything from coffee machines to juice dispensers. As well as suffering from high traffic, the area itself - which is often tucked away in the corner somewhere - is frequently very small leaving little space for the positioning of beverage machines and even less for staff to work in.
A combined hot water boiler and chiller can help in such a situation. These units, which are directly plumbed into the mains water supply, do away with the need for a separate hot water boiler and chiller by neatly combining the two functions into the one machine, thereby saving valuable countertop space.
With hot and chilled water available on tap 24/7 there is no need for kitchen staff to monitor water levels or refill from a tap, they can simply draw off the required amount as and when needed. The hot water can be used for making drinks such as tea and coffee, while the chiller function can be used to dispense individual glasses of water, or for filling bottles or carafes.
Product Zone has teamed up with Instanta to offer readers the chance to win an Instanta CH1000 combined boiler and chiller worth more than £1,300.
The winner will receive an Instanta CH1000 combined countertop water boiler and cooler which delivers hot and cold water on tap. Providing more than 60 cups of fresh water chilled to 3-9oC every hour, the unit offers savings on the cost, storage and lifting of heavy water bottles. At the same time, the CH1000 offers a constant hot water temperature of 98oC. Ten cups of hot water can be drawn off in quick succession following the initial heat-up time of ten minutes. The stainless steel unit is compact, measuring just 579mm (h) x 235mm (w) x 503mm (d). Easy to install and maintain, it features non-drip taps and an in-line filter which ensures clean-tasting water and helps to reduce limescale build up. Like all Instanta products it comes with a four-year parts and labour guarantee as standard.
For further information visit www.instanta.com or call 01704 501114.
How to enter
One lucky reader who can answer the question below correctly will win this prize. All entries must be submitted by 26 August 2011. Entrants can send a postcard stating their name, job title, company name and address, contact telephone number and email address to Product Zone/Instanta CH1000 Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS or use the electronic entry form below.
TERMS AND CONDITION
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, or Instanta.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. By entering the competition you are agreeing for your contact details (including e-mail) to be passed on to the sponsor Instanta.
5. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath,West Sussex RH16 3BR, UK.
6. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.
AND THE WINNER IS…
The winner of http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2011/04/27/337977/Win-an-Instanta-SV25-sous-vide-machine-worth-over-1631000.htm" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">April's competition for an Instanta sous vide machineis Ben Bass, head chef, The Old Quay House, Fowey