Around 120 firefighters are tackling a huge fire that reportedly started in a Glasgow nightclub and has engulfed several commercial properties.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has mobilised 20 fire engines to deal with the blaze, which Police Scotland are reported to have confirmed started at Victoria's nightclub on Sauciehall Street.
Police wearing masks have been forced to clear the area amid fears that asbestos is present in the buildings.
The blaze is thought to be threatening Glasgow's renowned Pavilion theatre, which is nearby.
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said it was first alerted to the fire at 8:18am this morning.
It said there were no casualties but that residents were being warned to remain indoors and close their windows as a "precautionary measure".
Assistant chief officer Lewis Ramsay, the SFRS director of response and resilience and the incident commander at the scene, said: "This is an extremely challenging incident, but the response and professionalism of our firefighters has been outstanding.
"Crews immediately and safely evacuated the occupants of several nearby buildings.
"This will be a protracted incident and crews will remain on the scene as they work to prevent further fire spread and damage in this prominent city centre location.
"We would urge the occupants of surrounding buildings to remain indoors and keep their windows closed due to the suspected presence of asbestos."
The Caterer has attempted to contact Victoria's nightclub for comment.