The line-up for the 2018 Great Sausage Roll Off. held at the Red Lion pub, in Barnes, has been revealed.
Competing chefs include Anton Manganaro from BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, London; Si Toft of the Dining Room, Abersoch; Rob Allsworth, chef lecturer at East Kent College; and Sam Bryant of Coal Rooms, Peckham.
The competition, which takes place at 7pm on 24 January, will see chefs from across the UK compete in a live cook-off to bake a dozen sausage rolls.
This year's judging panel includes: Oliver Peyton, co-founder of Peyton and Byrne; Phil Howard, chef patron of Elystan Street, Chelsea; Eric Lanlard owner of Cake Boy, Battersea; and Kate Ovens, presenter for Lad Bible.
Beer expert and journalist Melissa Cole will host the evening, which is free and open to the public.
Last year's winner Charlie Hodson of Charlies Norfolk Food Heroes won with a pork and saffron roll named "from Norfolk with love."
Second place went to Alan Paton for his "Memories O'hame wi a littr fae the bard himself, Mr Rabbie Burns" while third place was awarded to Brendan Fyldes who cooked a venison, mulled wine and apple roll.
Managed by Claire Morgan and Angus McKean, the Red Lion is a Fuller's pub that serves traditional British food.
The full list of competitors
- Si Toft, the Dining Room, Abersoch
- Leigh Evans, Methuen Arms, Wiltshire
- Phil Harrison (2016 Roll Off Winner), Prep Cook Eat Supper Club
- Charlie Hodson (2017 Roll Off Winner), Charlies Norfolk Food Heroes
- Adrian Oliver and Steve Marsh, Cornish Duck Truck, Cornwall
- Chris Brumby (2014 Roll Off Winner), MYPIE
- Mat Follas, Bramble Cafe & Deli, Poundbury
- Anton Manganaro, BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, London
- Mark Thornhill, King's Head, Hursley
- Rob Allsworth, East Kent College
- Rob Taylor, the Compasses Inn, Crundale
- James Strawbridge, consultant chef, Cornwall
- Sam Bryant, Coal Rooms, Peckham
- John Grabecki (2016 Roll Off Winner)
- Brendan Fyldes, Green & Fortunes at Sea Containers
- Jonny Backhouse, White Horse, Richmond
- Oliver Chadwick, the Market Café, Knutsford
- Ben Williams, the White Swan, Farringdon
Videos from The Caterer archives