Hydrocarbon refrigerants have gained in popularity in recent years because they can reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions by 15%, providing both cost savings to the customer and environmental benefits. Unlike other standard refrigerants, Hydrocarbons offer zero ozone-depletion potential and very low global-warming potential.
Providing a quicker "pull down time", a lower noise level and a lower compressor operating temperature, hydrocarbons are also less "aggressive", contributing to a longer life expectancy for the compressor.
Buy It! has teamed up with Foster Refrigerator, which introduced hydrocarbon technology into its cabinets 10 years ago, to offer readers the chance to win a Gastro Pro G 600 refrigerator worth £2,000.
By how much can hydrocarbon refrigerants reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions?
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the question above correctly will win this amazing prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by 15 November. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address and contact telephone number. Send entries to: Buy It! Foster Refrigerator Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS.
The winner will receive a Foster Gastro Pro G 600 refrigerator. The cabinet uses hydrocarbon as a refrigerant, measures 700mm wide x 800mm deep x 2,100mm high and has a 600-litre capacity. It has a stainless steel exterior with castors and an aluminium interior, with three gastronorm 2/1-sized shelves.
For further information on Foster Refrigerator call 0500 691122 orvisit the company website here >>
AND">http://www.fosterrefrigerator.co.uk)AND LAST MONTH'S WINNER IS…
The winner of the P&G Professional linen competition in the 30 August issue of Buy It! was Julie Dyl, managing director, Rags Restaurant and Hotel, South Pier, Bridlington.**
Terms And Conditions
- This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Foster Refrigerator.
- We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
- Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Foster Refrigerator. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page here or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
- The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.