Former banquet-winning chefs including Jason Atherton, Simon Rogan, Tom Aikens and Lisa Goodwin-Allen have been revealed as just some of the names among an all-star line-up for a Great British Menu Christmas special.
BBC Two's Great British Christmas Menu will see the greats of the GBM kitchen compete to cook a six-course boxed festive feast dedicated to the nation's key workers and will air in early December over seven episodes.
The series will also see Andi Oliver swap her seat at the judging table for the heat of the kitchen as she leads the cooking competition as presenter, a role she will take forward into the next series of the show airing next year.
For the Christmas special, taking Oliver's place will be comedian Kerry Godliman, joining Matthew Fort and Oliver Peyton on the judging panel. As in previous years, a different guest judge related to the theme of supporting key workers will also be joining each week. Oliver will compere the scoring and have the deciding vote in the event of a tie.
The line-up features chefs and veteran judges including:
- Jason Atherton, founder, the Social Company
- Pip Lacey, co-founder, Hicce, London
- Tom Barnes, group executive chef, Rogan & Co
- Niall Keating, executive chef, Whatley Manor, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Tommy Banks, chef-director, the Black Swan at Oldstead and Roots, York
- Alex Greene, head chef, Deanes Eipic, Belfast
- Richard Bainbridge, chef-owner, Benedicts, Norwich
- Simon Rogan, owner, Umbel Restaurant Group
- Matt Gillan, chef-owner, Heritage, Sussex
- James Cochran, head chef and owner, 1251, London
- Lisa Goodwin-Allen, executive chef, Northcote, Langho, Lancashire
- Tom Aikens, chef-patron, Muse, London.