The entry period is closing soon for the Best Places to Work in Hospitality, the awards that celebrate and recognise the top employers in hospitality.
Run in partnership with Purple Cubed and sponsored by Umbrella Training, the awards highlight the employers who demonstrate exceptional skill at engaging employees, who have gone above and beyond to look after their staff in 2021, and are moving forward in a more competitive hospitality landscape.
Those entering will benefit from all the insight from our unique employee survey, but high achievers will also feature in the Top 30 hospitality employers list, which sets a business apart as an employer of choice. Those who make the Top 30 also gain a free place at the Caterer's 2022 People Summit and the six highest achievers will be shortlisted for the Best Employer Catey 2022.
Last year PPHE Hotels Group carried off the Best Employer Catey. Employee feedback from The Caterer's Best Places to Work in Hospitality survey, created in association with Purple Cubed, demonstrated that staff felt fully embraced by the PPHE Hotel Group management and people teams during the pandemic, with 87% saying they were well supported, informed and prepared for a return to work.
PPHE offer a range of engagement initiatives and training interventions, both face to face and online, with a big focus on physical health, mental wellbeing and creating a comfortable and inspiring place to work. A support strategy is in place to retain as much talent as possible and to reassure employees through their employment.
Greg Hegarty, deputy chief executive officer and COO of PPHE Hotel Group, commented: "Being recognised as one of the Best Places to Work in hospitality, and going on to win the Best Employer Award at The Catey's was an incredibly proud moment for us all here at PPHE Hotel Group. The process to enter couldn't have been easier and to subsequently put into the hands of our team members who completed the survey with their own thoughts, comments, and experiences. This also gave us an invaluable insight into how they view us as a company and a place to work."
How it works
- Visit the Best Places to Work in Hospitality website here and login to complete your company details.
- There is a payment of £250 per company, which covers the cost of the employee survey.
- Each individual will identify and prioritise what's important to them at work and then rate you against those criteria.
- They will also answer five ‘killer questions' about working for your organisation.
- And there's an opportunity to add their comments, providing you with valuable additional insights.
- All organisations completing an entry will receive a secure link to an online report on their responses, with comparisons against peer averages, drawn up by Purple Cubed.
- The outcome scores will enable The Caterer and Purple Cubed to identify the Top 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality.
- The Top 30 will appear in The Caterer magazine
- Those who make the Top 30 will also gain a free place at The Caterer's People Summit
- The top six employers will exclusively be invited to enter the 2022 Best Employer Catey Award. Please see www.cateys.com for further information.
Entering Best Places to Work in Hospitality means you will gain invaluable insights into what really makes your people tick, with clear indicators of how well you are delivering. It also provides the opportunity to raise your profile as an employer of choice, as well as pinpointing quick wins and strategic business improvements through powerful data and people analytics.
Closing date for entries is 25 February 2022, and all surveys must be completed by 7 March 2022.