Obsession, the annual food festival at Northcote in Lancashire, will return next year as a celebration of the best of British and Irish food.
The pandemic has resulted in all the guest chefs for the 14-day event being invited from within the UK and Ireland, as opposed to previous years when they flew in from all over the world.
Tom Kerridge, Simon Rogan and Jordan Bailey will be among 16 chefs – with 15 Michelin stars between them – who will join Lisa Goodwin-Allen, executive chef at the Ribble Valley hotel and restaurant between 21 January and 6 February 2022, after Obsession's two-year break.
Goodwin-Allen said it was an opportunity to celebrate the very best of home-grown talent. "Because of everything we have been through, I think Obsession 22 will be more special than ever before."
Kerridge, whose six-strong restaurant empire includes the two-Michelin-starred Hands & Flowers in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, said that that the festival will be an opportunity "to highlight that the hospitality industry is very much alive and well and showcase the very best chefs, produce and food that the UK has to offer".
Obsession was created by Nigel Haworth, the hotel's former executive chef and joint managing director, and managing director Craig Bancroft in 2001. Tickets for Obsession 22 go on sale on 28 September and are priced at £160 per person, including a Louis Roederer Champagne and canapé reception, five-course menu, coffee and petits fours. A wine pairing can be added, starting from around £65 per person.
The full line-up for Obsession 22
- Saturday 22 January: Matt Abé, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London (three Michelin stars)
- Sunday 23 January: Mickael Viljanen, Chapter One (previously the Greenhouse), Dublin
- Monday 24 January: Jordan Bailey, Aimsir, County Kildare (two Michelin stars)
- Tuesday 25 January: Simon Rogan and Tom Barnes, L'Enclume, Cumbria (two Michelin stars)
- Wednesday 26 January: Roberta Hall-McCarron, the Little Chartroom, Edinburgh
- Thursday 27 January: Alex Bond, Alchemilla, Nottingham (one Michelin star)
- Friday 28 January: Galton Blackiston, Morston Hall, Norfolk (one Michelin star)
- Saturday 29 January: Hrishikesh Desai, Gilpin Hotel & Lakehouse, Cumbria (one Michelin star)
- Sunday 30 January: Kenny Atkinson, House of Tides, Newcastle (one Michelin star)
- Wednesday 2 February: James Martin, celebrity chef and TV presenter
- Thursday 3 February: Tom Kerridge, the Hand & Flowers, Marlow (two Michelin stars)
- Friday 4 February: Atul Kochhar, Kanishka, London
- Sunday 6 February: Monica Galetti, Mere, London; Nieves Barragán Mohacho, Sabor, London(one Michelin star); and Lisa Goodwin-Allen, Northcote, Ribble Valley (one Michelin star).