A 10-year-old boy has died after he came into contact with a "high voltage of electricity" at a hotel in Blackpool.
The incident occurred at 10.39pm on Sunday 3 September at the Tiffany's Hotel.
A spokesperson for Lancashire Police told The Caterer: "We were called to the Promenade, Blackpool, to reports a 10-year-old boy had been found unresponsive inside a hotel.
"He was taken to hospital with injuries consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity and very sadly died in hospital yesterday (Thursday, September 7) His family were by his bedside and our thoughts are with them at this time."
Lancashire Police launched an initial police investigation, which has now been passed to the local authority.
A Blackpool Council spokesperson said: "We have been informed of the tragic death of a young boy following an incident at Tiffany's Hotel. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.
"Our investigation is now under way and following our advice the owner of the hotel has agreed to a voluntary closure."
A spokesperson for Tiffany's Hotel commented: "We are heartbroken by the news we have received and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.
"We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations."
Police said a file would be prepared for HM Coroner.