Cheshire hoteliers Tony and Helen Holland are the new owners of the Northrop Hall country house hotel in Flintshire, North East Wales.
They paid slightly less than the asking price of £2m-plus for the property, which joins their existing Kings Gap hotel in nearby Wirral.
Northrop Hall occupies a 4.8 acre site on the Chester Road outside the village of Northrop, where it once served as the village hall.
The existing building was rebuilt on the site of the original 13th century manor house in 1872. It has kept many historic features, including the oak-panelled bar and lounge and the stained glass windows.
The hotel enjoys a thriving business in conferences, meetings and weddings and has a semi-permanent wedding marquee in the gardens.
Along with 39 en-suite bedrooms, Northrop Hall incorporates a 50-seat restaurant, a 30-50-seat lounge-bar and two function rooms with a combined capacity for 180 people.
The sale was handled by the Manchester office of Christie + Co on behalf of Ian and Jenny Sumner, who have run the hotel for the past four years.
By Angela Frewin