Search
The Caterer

Walsall Holiday Inn fire ‘accidental'

05 August 2019 by
Walsall Holiday Inn fire ‘accidental'

Investigators have confirmed that a fire that broke out at a Holiday Inn near Walsall over the weekend started accidentally in a sauna.

More than 50 firefighters and 10 fire engines were deployed to tackle the blaze and remained on the scene overnight into Saturday to extinguish the fire, however the building was described as "almost completely destroyed" by the West Midlands Ambulance Service Hazardous Area Response Team.

A spokesperson for Holiday Inn Walsall said: "The safety and well-being of our guests and colleagues is our highest priority. Guests have been relocated to nearby hotels, including a nearby Holiday Inn Express, and we have been working with guests to rearrange future bookings."

Photo:

Staff safe following massive fire at Bristol Premier Inn >>

Wedding party escapes from fire at George hotel in Rye >>

Richmond Harbour hotel fire battled by a hundred firefighters overnight >>

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.