Inquest to open into death of boy electrocuted at Blackpool hotel

14 September 2023 by
Inquest to open into death of boy electrocuted at Blackpool hotel

An inquest into the death of a 10-year-old boy who came into contact with a "high voltage of electricity" at a hotel in Blackpool will open tomorrow (Friday 15 September).

Jack Piper-Sheach died on 7 September at a Liverpool hospital with his family at his bedside following the incident on the evening of 3 September at the Tiffany's Hotel.

Lancashire Police launched an initial police investigation, which has now been passed to the local authority.

A Blackpool Council spokesperson said: "Our investigation is now under way and following our advice the owner of the hotel has agreed to a voluntary closure."

The inquest will be formerly opened at Blackpool Coroner's Court.

Following the boy's death, Tiffany's Hotel said: "We are heartbroken by the news we have received and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time.

"We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations."

Police said a file would be prepared for HM Coroner.

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking