Caffè Vivo, Newcastle
Terry Laybourne expands his restaurant portfolio with this Italian eaterie in Newcastle's Quayside. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner six days a week, it offers classic Italian fare with dishes including risottos, pastas and meat and seafood options.
- Opened: 5 March
- Owner: 21 Hospitality Group
- Head chef: Luca Mastromattei
- Manager: Victor Quastro Quiroga
- Designer: Jill Holst
- Capacity: 78
- Food: includes goats' cheese ravioli with pancetta roasted monkfish with grilled lettuce and red pepper relish and panna cotta with Champagne rhubarb.
- Price: £25 for three courses without wine
- Address: 29 Broad Chare, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 3DQ
- Telephone: 0191-232 1331
- Website: www.caffevivo.co.uk