Following the Minimum Energy Performance Standard (MEPS legislation, which came into effect on 1 July, Foster Refrigerator and sister company Gamko have invested £500,000 in developing their test facility to ensure products are tested in an approved and recommended manner.
The companies have also developed new innovations in the testing facility, such as the +Stayclear condenser, a fitting that aims to reduce both maintenance costs and the risk of breakdown.
A statement on the Foster Refrigeration website reads: "In a time of change for many manufacturers, Foster Refrigerator, along with sister company Gamko, have little to report on the subject of the new Ecodesign directive. Both provide award winning product ranges which are energy efficient and already compliant with the new Ecodesign regulations. Over the past five decades, investments in testing facilities, low energy refrigeration systems and efficient design have always been a primary objective, driving market-leading innovation in our industry."
Foster has released examples of where its products place on the energy labelling scale:
- HR150 - Hydrofluorocarbon counter refrigerator - Energy Label A
- FFC - Hydrocarbon counter freezer - Energy Label C
- LR120 - Hydrofluorocarbon counter freezer - Energy Label F
- EP700H - Hydrocarbon vertical refrigerator - Energy Label B
- EP700HU - Hydrofluorocarbon vertical refrigerator - Energy Label D
- EPRO20BSF - Hydrocarbon vertical freezer - Energy Label E
- FSL400L - Hydrofluorocarbon vertical freezer - Energy Label G
Find out the full product list here: http://www.fosterrefrigerator.co.uk/ecodesign.asp
Latest video from The Caterer