A NOTTINGHAMSHIRE restaurant has become the latest to be hit with a hefty fine for hygiene offences.
Restaurant owner Yin Ping Cheung was ordered to pay £3,600 after environmental health officers found snail trails, greasy walls, dirty shelves and mould growing on a potato-peeling machine.
The Go-Sing restaurant in Bingham was visited last December after a complaint from a member of the public.
Yin Ping admitted eight offences of breaking food safety rules at Nottingham magistrates court. She was fined £450 on each charge, with £460 costs.
Hygiene experts believe magistrates are taking a tougher line with offenders following highly publicised food safety scares (Caterer, 9 July, page 9).