Thirty of the brightest prospects in the hospitality industry under the age of 30 have today picked up their Acorn Awards at an exclusive event at five-star Coworth Park hotel in Berkshire.
This year's awards are the 25th since the Acorns were originally conceived in 1987.
Caterer and Hotelkeeper editor Mark Lewis said: "We had an overwhelming response to this year's awards, which mark a quarter of a century for the Acorns. Choosing between the nominees was not an easy task, but the winners display a level of flair and quality that makes them the envy of their profession.
"Each and every one of the winners can feel extremely proud to join the ranks of Acorn Award holders, which include the likes of Marco Pierre White, Marcus Wareing and Michael Caines."
Tracey Rogers, managing director of sponsor Unilever Food Solutions, said: "The celebrations were bigger than ever and I was privileged to share in the success of this year's remarkable winners. The Acorn Awards is a fantastic opportunity to reward the achievements of young individuals whose passion and enthusiasm are an inspiration to us all.
"Our congratulations go to this year's winners and we wish them every success in their future careers - no doubt these are names we'll see again."
The winners were:
- Ben Seager Front Office Manager, The Chesterfield Mayfair
- Neil Braude Director of Revenue, The Cavendish London
- Sam Moody Head Chef, The Bath Priory Hotel
- Mark Bevan Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, The Chester Grosvenor and Spa
- Matthew Drinkwater Deputy General Manager, Hand Picked Hotels - Audleys Wood
- Phil Fanning Head Chef at Paris House, 10in8 Fine Dining Company
- Josh Light Learning & Development Manager, CH&Co
- Megan McIntyre PR & Marketing Manager, Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel
- Laura Murphy Operations Manager, Abode Exeter
- Olly Rouse Head Chef John Campbell Restaurant, Coworth Park
- Robin Vermeire Assistant Executive Housekeeper, The London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- Mike Auld General Manager, Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells
- Marianne Brown Operations Manager, Thistle Hotels
- Paul Foster Head Chef, Agellus Hotels - Tuddenham Mill
- Vidur Kapur Hotel Manager, Guoman Hotels - Charing Cross
- Grant Lang Founder and Managing Director, Mozzo Coffee
- David Morison HR Officer, London Hilton on Park Lane
- Adam Peirson Sous Chef, Claridge's
- Scott Catling Sales Manager, London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale
- Lauren Long General Manager, Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants
- George Blogg Sous Chef, Le Champignon Sauvage
- Sarah Gibbs General Manager, The Swan Hotel & Spa
- Laura Prentice Director of Event Management, The London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- Neil Morris Group Executive Chef, Ego Restaurants
- Adam Smith Premier Sous Chef, The Ritz Hotel
- David Macdonald General Manager, Hotel du Vin York
- Jordan Marr General Manager, Peach Pubs
- Denis Broci Bar Manager, Claridge's
- Natalie Mainwaring Business Development Manager, It's The Agency
- Daniel Moon Head Chef, Homewood Park Hotel