Got a food or catering related degree? Did you know you could re-train to become a food technology teacher? If you are considering a change of career, have a passion for food and would like to pass on your skills and knowledge to children aged 11-16 then why not train to teach. Our PGCE in Design & Technology: Food & Textiles qualifies you to teach the subject you love in secondary schools.
- Earn a training salary of £9000 (tax free)
- ‘Golden Hello' of £2,500 (on completing your induction period)
- Placements in at least two different schools
- Support from a personal tutor
- Productive, modern and supportive learning environment
- Grade 1 Ofsted report for Management and Quality Assurance
- Excellent feedback from past and present students
- 100% graduate employment rate
We offer outstanding food technology facilities including a fully equipped kitchen with electric cookers, combination microwave/ovens, an extensive range of industrial and domestic equipment e.g. industrial ice cream and pasta makers and a CAD CAM icing printer. The faculty's specialist tutor is a Speed Step and Basic Food Hygiene trainer.
Design & Technology: Food & Textiles is an exciting subject area that brings innovation and creativity to the classroom.
So why not call us today and you too could develop the skills and knowledge to become an inspirational food technology teacher.
For further information, please contact us on 0121 331 7300 or email http://email@example.com
Visit our website on www.ed.bcu.ac.uk