A hotel in North Wales was extensively damaged after fire broke out yesterday morning.
It is believed the blaze at the 19-bedroom Nanhoron Arms hotel in Nefyn Gwynedd was caused by an accidental gas leak in the kitchen, according to the Daily Post. Nobody was injured.
Four fire engines from the North Wales Fire and Rescue service tackled the fire for nearly four and a half hours before bringing it under control.
A spokesperson for the fire service said: "There is 100% fire damage to the ground floor, with 50% damage to the first floor bedroom and bathroom.
"The roof timbers have also been damaged by smoke and scorching."
The hotel is now closed until further notice.
• A fire officer in Cambridge has urged the importance of calling 999 in a fire emergency, after an accidental blaze broke out in the kitchen of the Varsity restaurant in the city on Sunday.
One man was treated for smoke inhalation after the fire spread to ducting and into the roof. Three neighbouring restaurants were evacuated because of smoke and the risk of fire spreading. However the fire service manged to contain the blaze.
Clive Pettit, watch commander of the Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service, said: "We were alerted to the fire by a passer-by who rang Cambridge Fire Station. It is important that anyone who comes across a fire dials 999 and not the local fire station.
"A member of staff was attempting to put the fire out when the passer-by rang the fire service. Again, if you spot a fire it is important you ring the fire service immediately."