In response to the total smoking ban announcement, your readers might want to consider these points of marketing advice in preparation.
- Don't wait until the deadline - be ahead of your competitors using all initiatives to your advantage.
- Highlight and promote the fact that you are a non-smoking business on all marketing tools.
- Offer your business as a regular meeting place for "smokers anonymous" groups.
- Promote to recent "quitters" that they have newfound tastes, creating interest in food and drink, such as beer, wine, cocktails and cheeses.
- Create local PR by holding an event involving customers to raise money for a cancer charity.
- Gain PR by informing your local press officer that you have or are about to make the change.
- "Replace one vice with another" offering chocolate or petits fours evenings, classes and tastings.
- Hold a "hypnotherapy" event including a food and drink package.
- Hold a sponsored stop smoking event for all your smoking customers offering an incentive.
Director, Orchard Green Group Hampstead Garden Suburb, London
Have your say
Click here to e-mail your comments. The editor reserves the right to edit comments.