The Roof Gardens and Babylon Restaurant, part of Limited Edition by Virgin A piece of genuine fantasia in the heart of London…set on two floors over one and a half acres of themed gardens, exotic wildlife and unparalleled views of London's spectacular skyline. This urban oasis is the home of an events centre, a private members club and Babylon restaurant. This stunning venue is part of Virgin's Limited Edition group, an exclusive collection of unique retreats in some of the world's most beautiful places, owned by Sir Richard Branson. These havens have been chosen for their superb locations and magnificent surroundings, such as Necker Island in the Caribbean and Ulusaba Private Game Reserve in South Africa, where guests can indulge, relax, unwind and rejuvenate themselves.
With a capacity of up to 500 guests the versatility of The Roof Gardens venue is endless. From dinner to disco, fashion shows to fireworks, Barmitzvahs to weddings, business meetings and training days as well as BBQ's on balmy summer nights, our experienced team caters for all customer needs.
Located on the 7th floor of this historic building Babylon restaurant offers guests stunning views over London, delicious modern European cuisine and a fantastic atmosphere in contemporary surroundings. The restaurant seats up to 152 people including a Private Dining Room and Terrace.
The Roof Gardens private members club with a capacity of 600 is a haven of style and relaxed glamour surrounded by an oasis of tropical palms, babbling brooks and exotic flamingos 100m above Kensington High Street.
Throughout The Roof Gardens and Babylon our guests are spoilt with outstanding personal service and a promise of special memories.
Virgin philosophies and objectives:
1. Competitively challenging
2. Value for money
4. Fun - being cheeky, having a sense of humour
5. Good quality - going the extra mile (the small touches that mean so much), delivering promises, being self critical to ensure high standards and guest satisfaction
6. Innovation - challenging convention
What we expect from you To be honest and sincere; cheeky; questioning; intelligent and knowledgeable; team players; creative; keen to learn; good listeners; open to new ideas; and passionate about giving excellent customer service.
What you can expect from us
- a fair working environment with equal opportunities
- clear, open and productive communication - quarterly newsletter; regular meeting structure in all departments; open door policy; yearly strategy presentation for all employees
- a helpful and supportive team
- training and development - a yearly training plan established in conjunction with the team; internal and external training; cross training; yearly appraisals; internal promotions
- a challenging and vibrant work environment
- empowerment and respect - monthly Staff Consultative Committee meetings; suggestion box; staff survey
- benefits and performance based rewards - Employee and Department Head of the Quarter; Employee of the Year voted by staff; Sweetheart of the Year voted by guests (examples of prizes include trips to one of our exclusive properties, spa weekends); monthly on-site masseuse visit; Virgin group discount scheme; various performance bonus schemes in different departments; day off on your birthday and dinner for two in the restaurant
- a cooperative environment
- and not to forgetâ¦the fun times and parties!
Click hereto find out how your company can enter best places to work in hospitality