Topland Group merges Hallmark and Menzies hotels under one brand
Hallmark Hotels and Menzies Hotels are to be merged by their owner - private investment company Topland Group - under one brand.
The 20 hotels, comprising 2,700 bedrooms, will now all operate under the Hallmark name, while the Menzies brand will disappear. Bespoke Hotels will continue to manage the hotels on behalf of the owner.
Hallmark London Chigwell Prince Regent
Over a period of 15 months, Topland has become a major player in the regional UK hotel market, having spent £200m on acquiring 28 hotels. Following the purchase of the 12 Menzies hotels in November 2013 for around £80m, it bought the eight-strong Hallmark group in July 2014 in a £75m deal, with the addition of eight hotels in the Feathers group in January 2015. Topland also owns the Royal Crescent in Bath, five Thistle hotels in London and one in Edinburgh, the Hilton Glasgow, Hilton Brighton Metropole, and Ramada London Gateway.
Sol Zakay, executive chairman and chief executive of Topland Group, said the expansion of the Hallmark Hotel brand would highlight the company's growth and development of its hotel investment. "Whilst ensuring consistently high standards are maintained across the existing portfolio, Topland will continue to operate with a mandate to seek out properties of similar quality with the objective of building a £1b hotel business," he said.
Hallmark Flitwick Manor
Lionel Benjamin, director of hotels at Topland, added: "This announcement is key for our growth strategy and further supports Topland's commitment to developing our hotel business.
"We are supporting this development phase with additional investment in new technology. Guests will now enjoy complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi across the portfolio and state of the art gym equipment. We will offer a cohesive and solid brand, which our team, our guests, suppliers and partners can rely on to deliver."
The Hallmark Hotels portfolio now comprises:
- Hallmark Aberdeen Airport - formerly Menzies Dyce
- Hallmark Birmingham Strathallan - formerly Menzies Strathallan
- Hallmark Bournemouth Carlton - formerly Menzies Carlton
- Hallmark Bournemouth East Cliff - formerly Menzies East Cliff Court
- Hallmark Bournemouth West Cliff
- Hallmark Cambridge - formerly Menzies Cambridge
- Hallmark Carlisle
- Hallmark London Croydon Aerodrome
- Hallmark Inn, Derby
- Hallmark Derby Mickleover Court - formerly Menzies Mickleover Court
- Hallmark Derby Midland
- Hallmark Flitwick Manor - formerly Menzies Flitwick Manor
- Hallmark Glasgow - formerly Menzies Glasgow
- Hallmark Gloucester
- Hallmark Hull
- Hallmark Irvine - formerly Menzies Irvine
- Hallmark London Chigwell Prince Regent - formerly Menzies Prince Regent
- Hallmark Manchester Airport
- Hallmark Stourport Manor - formerly Menzies Stourport Manor
- Hallmark The Welcombe Stratford upon Avon - formerly Menzies Welcombe hotel & spa
Topland acquires Feathers Group of eight hotels >>
Topland acquires Hallmark hotels in £75m deal >>
12 Menzies hotels sold out of administration >>
Looking for a job? See all the current hotel vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs >>
Latest video from The Caterer