Nestlé Professional launches its 2021 Toque d'Or competition today, with submissions closing on 16 March.
This year participants will complete a virtual assessment, after receiving reading material on the topic of sustainability and nutrition. Alongside a set of multiple-choice questions, competitors will submit a one-minute video explaining why they are passionate about hospitality and why they should be selected.
Katya Simmons, managing director of Nestlé Professional UK&I, said: "I am absolutely delighted to announce the new 2021 Toque d'Or competition entry format."
"Our aim has always been to support the next generation and provide them with the opportunity to learn and grow in their career. Changing the format of the entry task to one that is virtual ensures that the competition remains accessible to all aspiring professionals. I'm excited about what the 2021 competition has to offer and wish all those entering the best of luck."
- Registration deadline – 16 March
- Virtual assessment – 18 March
- Heat task communicated – 26 March
- Virtual cooking challenge to take place - 15 April
- Finalists announced – 30 April
- Grand finals hosted – week commencing 28 June
- Awards (on the last day of the finals) - week commencing 28 June
- Awards broadcast – July
To register or for more information, please click here.