Eco-friendly restaurant Pod has opened its second London site in the City after the success of its first branch in London Wall. Interiors feature recycled plastic tables and chairs and wood from coppiced forests. The menu offers healthy alternatives made from seasonal ingredients.
- Opened: 17 March
- Owner: Tim Hall
- Kitchen team leader: Yan Liu
- Manager: Ricardo Pinho
- Designer: Waugh Thistleton
- Capacity: 70
- Food: Breakfast options include porridge, fruit salad and eggs, while sandwiches, soups and salads are available at lunch. Bigger dishes include spring lamb stew, spicy meatballs, and Thai red or green chicken curry.
- Price: £3 for breakfast, £5 for lunch
- Address: 5 Lloyds Avenue, London EC3N 3AE
- Telephone: 020 3174 0038