As a global leader in flavour, with a family of brands in 100 countries, McCormick has been on the forefront of identifying emerging culinary trends with its signature Flavour Forecast and since 2000, this annual report has played a distinctive role in shaping the future of flavour.
New for 2012, McCormick's http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2012/01/27/342084/schwartz-for-chef-unveils-the-hottest-culinary-trends-for-2012.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Flavour Forecast, together with Schwartz for Chef, takes a global view and pinpoints the cutting-edge trends and flavours that are driving the spirit of discovery around the world, from cuisines on the verge of widespread appeal, to ingredients with the potential to alter the culinary landscape several years from now.
Flavour Forecast 2012 revealed a surprising finding - food lovers around the world have more in common than we ever imagined. The forces driving food choices are strikingly similar from region to region, even though the specific flavours and ingredients we enjoy remain uniquely rooted in our local cultures.
In the spirit of showcasing similarities while celebrating differences, the Flavour Forecast 2012 highlights six globally relevant themes that have all been brought to life through 12 regional flavour combinations - Red Tea with Cinnamon and Plum; Grapefruit with Red Pepper; Korean Pepper Paste, Sesame, Asian Pear and Garlic; Cumin and Sofrito; Dill, Mint, Melon and Cucumber; Meyer Lemon, Lemon Thyme, Limoncello and Lemon Peel; Aubergine, Honey and Harissa; Squash, Red Curry and Pancetta; Ginger and Coconut; Vanilla and Butter; Grapefruit and Red Pepper; Red Tea, Cinnamon and Plum; Blueberry, Cardamom and Corn Masa; Sweet Soy, Tamarind and Black Pepper.
As the art and science of flavour continues to evolve, McCormick, through the Flavour Forecast, will continue to lead the way, shaping the tastes and food experiences of the future; a hallmark of our passion for flavour.
To celebrate the launch of the Flavour Forecast 2012, Schwartz for Chef, McCormick's UK food service brand, is giving one lucky reader the chance to win £1,500 worth of holiday vouchers that can be used in full or part payment towards your very own culinary journey.
â- The holiday vouchers can be used as full or part payment for any travel product sold by Thomas Cook. Vouchers can be redeemed in any Thomas Cook shop, through Thomas Cook direct, against Thomas Cook TV or via thomascook.com and are valid indefinitely. Your vouchers are not exchangeable for cash and cannot be used against foreign currency and travellers cheques. Cash refunds cannot be made on any balance not used.
How to enter
One lucky reader who can answer the above question correctly will win this fantastic prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by midnight on Wednesday 29 February 2012. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address, e-mail and telephone number. Send entries to Schwartz for Chef competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS or enter online below
In which region would you expect to use harissa as a typical ingredient? A. Northern Europe
B. Northern America
C. Northern Africa
and the winner is…
The winner of the November competition to win a http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2011/11/23/341317/win-a-chipstix-spiral-chip-maker-package-worth-more-than-1200.html" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Chipstix spiral chip maker package worth more than £1,500 is Debbo Kaur, licensee of the Barrel in Birmingham
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, McCormick UK or Thomas Cook.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, McCormick UK. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on www.catererandhotelkeeper.com.