If you are still chopping, puréeing, liquidising, blending and mixing the "old fashioned" way then maybe it's about time you took a look at a new breed of machine that will do all of this for you and heat the ingredients at the same time!
Using the latest technology these machines are capable of carrying out all of these functions simultaneously - perfect for creating creams, jams, soups or temperature sensitive sauces. Programmable step functions mean that they also allow the user to avoid many of the intermediate steps involved when preparing recipes that require constant attention and repeated handling, thereby reducing preparation time while creating perfectly uniform results.
But the benefits go way beyond simplicity and consistent results. By adding all the ingredients to the one bowl chefs can significantly reduce their preparation and cooking times as there is no need to keep moving from one machine to another. What's more they also save space by replacing a number of other machines such as blenders, mixers and food processors - and fewer machines means less washing up and perhaps most importantly, less energy usage.
Product Zone has teamed up with Metcalfe Catering to offer readers the chance to win a Hotmix PRO Easy with an RRP of £1,000
The Hotmix PRO Easy from Metcalfe can chop, puree, liquidise, blend or mix ingredients while simultaneously heating them to, and holding them at, temperatures of between 25°C and 130°C - perfect for creating creams, sauces, jams, or soups. The temperature can be adjusted in extremely precise 1°C increments for incredibly accurate temperature control and the unit also has full commercial CE certification as opposed to a domestic CE rating. Other models in the range include the HotmixPRO Gastro, which can go from 25°C up to 190°C and is therefore perfect for caramelising sugar, creating temperature sensitive sauces and pasteurisation, and the soon to be launched HotmixPRO Creative which will have the ability to cook up to 190°C and freeze ingredients down to -24°C enabling chefs to make ice cream using one machine.
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the above question correctly will win this fantastic prize. All entries must be submitted on a postcard by midnight on Tuesday 31 January 2012. Entrants should include their name, job title, company name and address, email and telephone number. Send entries to HotmixPRO Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS or enter online below
What are the temperature increments on the HotmixPRO Easy?
and the winner is…
The winner of October's competition to win a http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Roxy Combi Dining System](http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2011/10/27/340855/win-a-black-rock-grill-roxy-combi-dining-system-worth.html) is Gavin Slack, chef, Jades Coffee House, Torquay.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Metcalfe Catering.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Metcalfe Catering. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at [www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection](http://www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection) or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on [www.catererandhotelkeeper.com.