Operators from every foodservice sector continue to feel the effects of the current economic climate, making it more important than ever to continually assess operational efficiency, and monitor the amount of energy used by equipment. Caterers need to be aware that there are substantial cost savings to be made from buying the right type of refrigeration equipment, and that the energy consumption of a particular unit, while of significant importance, is not the only aspect to be taken into consideration.
Reliability is a key issue, as over the course of a number of years, money spent on servicing and maintaining kit that is unreliable or poorly manufactured can easily run into thousands of pounds. Another area that plays a surprisingly large part in operational costs is the way in which a product is used. Correctly storing contents, avoiding overcrowding, cooling down products before storing, covering liquids and even being mindful of where equipment is located within the kitchen can all have a dramatic effect on efficiency.
Using market leading technology, Gram's MIDI 425 is one of the most energy efficient cabinet listed on the Carbon Trust Energy Technology List, with an operating cost of just £45 per annum (based on energy costs of 10p/kW).
Buy It! has teamed up with Gram to offer readers the chance to win a MIDI 425 energy efficient refrigerator worth over £1,650.
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the question below correctly will win this prize. All entries must be submitted by 20 November 2009. Entrants can send a postcard including their name, job title, company name and address and contact telephone number to Buy It!/Gram Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS, or enter online below..
Which list, managed by the Carbon Trust, provides caterers with information about the most energy efficient refrigeration cabinets available?
a) Lloyd's List
b) Energy Technology List
c) World Heritage List
The winner will receive a Gram MIDI 425 refrigerated cabinet. It has a gross volume of 425 litres, despite taking up very little wall space, and a temperature range of +2/+12ºC. Features include a right hand hinged reversible door complete with automatic door closing, four grey shelves and castors allowing the cabinet to be moved easily to facilitate cleaning. Please note that this cabinet runs on R 134 a refrigerant as standard, although a hydrocarbon option is available on request.
For further information on Gram call 01322 6169009494 or visitwww.gramcommercial.com.
|And the winner is … The winner of the EcoPure water filtration system competition on the 28 August issue of *Buy It!* is Mark Randerson, operations director, Chapman Holmes Catering and Special Events, Manchester.|
Terms and conditions
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information, or Gram.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Gram. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
5. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.
AND THE WINNER IS …
The winner of the EcoPure water filtration system competition in the 28 August issue of Buy It! is Mark Randerson, operations director, Chapman Holmes Catering and Special Events, Manchester.