Breakfast provides operators with their final chance to impress the guest before they leave, and empty cereal packets cluttering the work surface and mess around the breakfast bar is never a good lasting memory.
For guests to enjoy a really good breakfast not only does the food have to be exceptional, but the environment within which they are served is just as important. For them to get the best possible start to their day the surroundings need to be clean and efficient, and the products used need to promote good hygiene, fast service and ease of use.
Other considerations for operators are the environmental factors associated with excess packaging, and although guests may not be fully aware of the issue as they wake up slightly bleary-eyed, there are considerable savings to be made in wastage and staffing costs.
Gilberts Food Equipment promotes the new Rosseto EZ-Serv Cereal Dispensers as offering caterers a significant cost saving on breakfast expenditure when compared with portion-size packs. According to Gilberts, purchasing individual cereal packets will cost, on average, 33.6p per customer. However, purchasing in larger bag sizes and decanting into the EZ-Serv will cost just 7.2p - a saving of 26.4p per serving (figures based on average wholesale prices).
Buy It! has teamed up with Gilberts Food Equipment to offer readers the chance to win some stylish breakfast kit, including a Rosseto EZ-Serv Cereal Dispenser and a Garibaldi juice dispenser worth a total of £1,250.
How to enter
Buy It!/Gilberts Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS or enter online below.
What environmental issue might arise from operators providing cereals at breakfast service?
a) Excess packaging
b) Excess water consumption
c) Excess fuel use
The winner will receive a Rosseto EZPROC-4S Rotating Carousel Dispenser worth £450 and a Garibaldi Juicer worth £800.
Features of the Rosseto EZPROC-4S Rotating Carousel Dispenser include stainless-steel lids, catch tray and frame. Each of the four ABS containers has a capacity of 3.8 litres and dispenses approximately 28g per serving. A six-wing flexible paddle wheel in each container ensures perfect portion control every time and dimensions of 356mm x 330mm x 502mm (high) means the dispenser takes up minimal space while giving faster service times and reducing waste.
The Garibaldi Juicer has a stainless-steel base, drip tray and grill and a perspex container with seven-litre capacity featuring an easy-to-use non-drip tap.
For more information contact Gilberts Food Equipment on 020 8731 3700 or visit www.topgourmet.co.uk.
And the winner is…
The winner of theCountry Range competitionto win a £1,000 Kenwood Cooking Chef in the 28 May issue of Buy It! is Ian Glover, catering manager, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Terms anD conDitions
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Gilberts Food Equipment.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice, and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher's decision is final.
4. By entering the competition you are agreeing for your contact details (including eâ'mail) to be passed on to the sponsor, Gilberts Food Equipment.
5. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of the Caterer Group. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services, including our sponsor, Gilberts Food Equipment. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath, RH16 3BR, UK.
6. The winner's name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on Caterersearch.com.