Gordon Ramsay picks up outstanding achievement award
Gordon Ramsay picked up the Outstanding Achievement award at Visit London's annual bash last night.
The marketing body for the capital honoured the high-profile chef for his outstanding contribution to London cuisine.
Ramsay's London eateries include Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's, the Savoy Grill, Maze, Pétrus and his eponymous three Michelin-starred Gordon Ramsay restaurant.
Visit London's chief executive James Bidwell said: "Gordon Ramsay is one of London's great exports. He has helped to change both the perception and the reality of London's restaurant scene."
Last week, Ramsay's first restaurant in America opened at the London hotel in New York City.
In the People's Choice Awards, noodle chain Wagamama was picked out as best restaurant
List of winners 2006
- Gordon Ramsay
- Bed & Breakfast of the Year - B&B Belgravia
- Large Hotel of the Year - London Hilton on Park Lane
- Small Hotel of the Year - The Zetter
- The Future London Sustainable Tourism - Apex City of London hotel
- Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year - Pearl restaurant and bar - Shopping with the Chef
Shortlist for VisitLondon awards
By Chris Druce