1. Mayonnaise forms the basis of many sauces. Some require the addition of chopped ingredients, for example, tartare sauce. Others, such as cocktail sauce, have the addition of another sauce or flavouring. What is added for Andalusian sauce?
2. Traditionally, when game birds are served, gravy, breadcrumbs and bread sauce are served separately. What item, cooked on the bird, should be served on the breast?
3. Microwaves are reflected by foil and all metal utensils. What happens when waves come in contact with paper, glass and varieties of plastic?
4. Teriyaki sauce is widely available in a prepared form. To what technique does "teriyaki" refer?
5. Many pies of US origin are now popular dessert dishes on British menus. What type of crust and what flavour of filling is used in the less well-known black-bottom pie?
6. Scotch woodcock is scrambled egg and anchovy fillets on toast. What is the savoury Ecossais?
7. In India, it is not unusual to be given a box of burfi. What is the purpose and contents of this?
8. Smen is a North African product made with butter, coarse salt, oregano and water. What is notable about the finest smen and how is it used?
9. It is suggested that loin or best end of lamb be used when preparing kebab à la turque. Which vegetable and herb are both considered essential?
10. Double Gloucester cheese is better known than the Single Gloucester. What is the difference in content between them?
11. If you were asked to include lead pellets in a soup recipe, where would you obtain them and why might they be used?
12. Which product, made in the Caribbean, is traditionally added to gin, occasionally used in food recipes and is also excellent in a coffee ice-cream drink?
13. Ascorbic acid is found in blackcurrants and citrus fruit. By what name is it better known, and why is it an essential nutrient?
14. An emulsion is a product containing oil and water. What is its essential requirement?
15. In Portugal, liqueurs are traditionally served at any time of the day and are normally served with small cakes or nuts. The most popular is probably ginjinha; what is its base flavour?