The Rosewood London is welcoming its first guests today following an £85m transformation from the former Chancery Court hotel.
Located in a 1914, Grade II-listed building on High Holborn, the 306-bedroom hotel will feature two restaurants: the 90-seat Mirror Room offering all-day dining, including afternoon tea, and the 222-seat Holborn Dining Room.
Bjorn van der Horst is responsible for the Mirror Room, bar, in-room dining and 11 events spaces, while Des McDonald, former managing director and chief executive of the Caprice Group, will operate the Holborn Dining Room.
Due to open in February 2014, the Holborn Dining Room will be located in the former East Banking Hall of Pearl Assurance where Pearl restaurant was located during the hotel's incarnation as the Chancery Court.
The brasserie-style operation will include crustacean and spirit bars, as well as space in the outside inner courtyard for up to 34 covers. There will also be a delicatessen which will open directly onto High Holborn, selling a range of British goods including marmalades, clotted cream and cheese.
Interiors of the Holborn Dining Room, which will feature reclaimed oak, antique mirrors and leather upholstery, and the hotel's bar are by Martin Brudnizki, while the rest of the hotel is sleeker in style with designs by New York-based Tony Chi and Associates.
The Sense Spa & Fitness Suite is due to open at the hotel next month.
Once the headquarters of the Pearl Assurance Company, the property first operated as a hotel in 2000 with the opening of the Renaissance Chancery Court hotel, under the management of Marriott.
The hotel ended its association with Marriott in June 2011 and was then operated by its owner the Hong Kong-based company HPI, owned by the Chang family. Rosewood Hotels & Resorts have assumed management of the hotel from today.