Environmental health officers are investigating a Somerset hotel after 28 guests at a special dinner fell ill with what is believed to be salmonella poisoning.
The illness affected nearly half the guests at a Rotary Club presidential inauguration dinner at the three-star Walton Park Hotel in Clevedon just days before the hotel was taken over by Latona Leisure.
Under suspicion is a dessert of tiramisó, which most of those who became ill, including visitors from the Czech Republic, are believed to have eaten. One woman was treated in Bristol Royal Infirmary.
A spokesman for North Somerset Council environmental health department said: "We are investigating after 28 people went down with what we believe is salmonella but we have not come to any conclusions yet."