Both are awarded OBEs for their services to the hospitality industry, as is restaurateur Alan Yau, the founder of noodle bar chain Wagamama.
Among those receiving MBEs are Elena Salvoni, the 85-year-old manager of London's Elena's L'Etoile restaurant.
Further hospitality and tourism industry stalwarts honoured in the list included:
- Richard Edwards, former chair of the Academy of Food and Wine Service (OBE for services to the hospitality industry)
- Rosemary Machen-Young, director of My Hotels in Nairn - OBE for services to Welfare to Work and to the hospitality industry in the Highlands
- Henry Murray, hotelier and former chair of the Master Innholders - MBE for services to the hospitality industry
- Malcolm Roughead, marketing director, VisitScotland - OBE for services to the tourist industry
- Tom Brock, chief executive Scottish Seabird Centre - OBE for services to the tourist industry
- Blue Badge Guide Margaret Baker-Butler - MBE for services to tourism in Cardiff and in Wales
- Naval warrant officer 1st class (catering services) John Brett - MBE
- John Harvey, Commodore's house manager, Sodexho Defence Services - MBE for services to the Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth
- Margaret Norris, caterer, St John's Church of England Infant School, Farnham, Surrey, MBE for services to education
- Harry Poloway, toastmaster, Cardiff City Council and Newport City Council - MBE for services to local government
- Greta Greenwood, dining room supervisor for the Royal Household (Royal Victorian Medal)
Get your copy of Caterer and Hotelkeeper every week - click here to subscribe and save 25%.
|Sudoku Join the craze and play Sudoku online!|