A hotel that was built as a coach house for the Duke of Argyll in 1746 has changed hands.
The Argyll hotel in Bellochantuy has a prime beach location just off the main A38 that runs up the west coast of the Kintyre Peninsula. It commands views across the islands of Islay, Jura and Gigha and is 10 miles north of Campbeltown.
Along with eight en-suite letting bedrooms, the hotel provides a public bar, a lounge, a 60-seat conservatory restaurant, a games room and four-bedroom owners' accommodation.
Outside, there is a paved beer garden with picnic tables and a brick barbeque and a small caravan site covering in excess of 3.5 acres.
The Glasgow office of Christie + Co sold the freehold off an asking price of £420,000 to Stewart Rafferty on behalf of Dawn Dawes and Louise Tran.
By Angela Frewin