A four-star Liverpool hotel is to install carbon monoxide detectors in rooms after two guests became ill, possibly due to carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty boiler.
Engineers were called in by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) after the incident at the Crowne Plaza hotel in 2006.
According to the engineer's report, a blocked mesh could have caused high levels of carbon monoxide.
Commenting on the report a hotel spokesman said: "We took immediate steps to fix a faulty boiler following the incident and have since implemented all of the recommendations in the HSE's report.
"We also elected to install carbon monoxide detectors in our hotel rooms and in the boiler room which are wired into the property's central fire alarm system.
"The HSE have indicated that they will not be taking any further action against the hotel."
The spokesman added that the hotel could not comment further on the incident as it was the subject of civil legal proceedings.
At the weekend a tourist died after a suspected gas leak at the Great Western hotel in Cornwall.
By Andrew Smith
E-mail your comments to Andrew Smith here.